Friday, March 29, 2013

Instant Screencasts

I just recently recorded some lectures for my students. I needed a way to make them feel like they were in class watching the PowerPoints and hearing me talk about them, but be able to do it from home. I came across the website that allowed me to record what is on my screen. It is called Screenr. I really liked it because it was very simply to use, it was free and didn’t require you to download anything to your computer. The only downside was that you can only record 5 minutes at a time. I know there are plenty of other screen capture programs out there, but you have to pay for them and I’m all about free ;-)
 
If you go to their site, there is a short video that explains it all. (I had originally posted the video here, but it would automatically play every time you visited my blog and I thought that would be annoying so I removed it).
 
Do you think you can use this website in other educational ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment